Students who wish to take their final exam with me are advised to observe the following points:
- Take part in my Examenskolloquium
- See me at least 6 months before the exam during my office hours
- The selection of topics available for the oral exams can be found on the English Linguistics Website.
- Once the topics have been decided on, Ms. Dinger adds you to the list of exam candidates, which guarantees that I will act as your examiner.
- At a later stage you will fetch the official form issued by the ‘Prüfungsamt’, which is signed by all examiners.
You might find the following suggestions useful:
- Practise speaking extensively and coherently on a topic without assistance (for up to 5 min.)
- Practise marshalling your thoughts round a small number of points (mind-map, etc.)
- Practise responding flexibly to awkward or unexpected questions
- Run a mock exam with a student in a similar situation